7/28/10

Just few updates..

At this stage..Cory is babbling a lot..like a year old.  Few words there and then...he would say it out of blue or really try to say it.  It is coming along regardless of no speech sessions this summer.  We have been talking to him at all times, and only signs when I noticed he doesn't respond or understand as back up.   (I had to sit on my hands or hold it down)  One thing is that I noticed an increase in language more or less when he watch T.V. (we have no cable down at BBay..) and I often wonder if it's a good thing to let him watch T.V. "alot" than I usually do let with Carrie Anne because of the Cochlear Implants.  I know it seems an unfair advantage to her but it seems to help Cory more .  I wish I have more of visual DVD for simple language enhancements.   NOT too busy or too much cartoons or shows..it's a fine line there. 
Another thing I noticed over the summer, he often asked to go over to Grandparents' for story time rather me "reading" him stories..   My parents doesn't really know sign language so they just use their voice with Cory.  He loves it.  When I do story time, I use ASL first, then again with both signing and voice.   Cory seems to prefer to use the "auditory" aspect of story time.   Really??? I am not so sure..   It would be interesting to know..

Anyway, few photos (from my Blackberry..I left my camera at BBay!)


CA is able to climb up on trees these days..one day I came around looking for her.  I see her bike on the lawn but where is she???  I called her out and I couldn't find her.  I got worried..and Cory was in baby carrier on the back of my bike.  He got excited and pointed it out.  I didn't see it at first..because I was looking down and around.   Cory heard CA up in the tree...ack!!!      He is like my hearing assistant these days!  And Cory of course, wants to climb up.  My rule is if you can't get up yourself then you can't . Simple as that. 

One of the things with John Tracy Clinic course, we tried one of their game is "auditory hide and seek"..Cory loves that game with CA.  They play with it constantly..
I am on currently lesson four ..very slow.  Usually I do these things really quickly but with an "hearing" loss toddler, life is unexpected and BUSY!!!!  Unlike my hearing daughter..what a big difference. 

No comments:

Post a Comment