2/17/10

Mini Olympics ...


"walking to watch Torch Relay"
It's the newest rave at our house, around our community and taking part as much as we can.  How much can a 2 years old understands and take all that in???   Maybe he doesn't get it fully, but he does show interest in the hype.   We have been leaving TV on quite often lately, watching the Olympics.  Cory is glued to the set. TOTALLY!    When he looks at me, I would "interpret" for him as much as I can.  Using pretty complex words like "Canada, Olympics, races, games, fast, slow, names of Winter Sports, etc"  He is really interested in it..I can't just not ignored it.  I would try to gesture it as much as I can to show him how each sport works.  Sort of playing a game of Charades..he would try to copy me.  LOL.  Even my daughter participate into this as well, it's really important for her to be part of this.   She even had him dressed up in her princess skirt and Cory would be pretending to be "figure" skater (girl of course).  We used wax papers on the floor so the kids would slide all over the house.  Cory's favorite part is pretending to fall, sliding all over the place.  Typical!  I am seeing lots of sign words like skiing, ice skating, sled, curling.  We even went to the Torch Run, got a Canada Flag, wore our red mittens, Hockey Canada shirt..and all that.  Its part of showing our pride.   The kids have been going down the stairs using cardboard box (like sledding or luge)..yikes.  I am lucky to have a big open space at the bottom of the stairs. But one rule I had was he has to wear helmet.  I should take some photos but I can't post them yet! :(      With curling..we use the ice cream lids and draw chalk line big circle..and kids try to throw them in center.  (not quite the same..) I know Cory's fav is hockey..no question about it.   It can be fun if you put your mind into it...

No comments:

Post a Comment