4/7/11

People asked me lately.."what's new things that Cory does these days?" huh???

This is more what people are asking me these days..."what's new with Cory?"  I would say that he is doing well at his new preschool, is taking swimming lessons now, and so on.  They said " No..I mean anything interesting happen with him?" ..took me awhile what they really want to know..
ahhhh
Those are new things that Cory have done in the past week..:  with a friend outside, he "colored" the boy from head to toe with his chalk (I didn't realized it until I saw his face plastered with it..ugh!) Cory thought it was funny but needless it wasn't funny because the poor boy has no idea that he did it with chalk until he did his face saved for last. 
Cory got a new Toy Story ball from Manning Park trip, he tried to make it pop and did several attempts by hitting with bat, then a stick, then he tried to "step" on it, then he jumped from picnic table to (I'm not sure if he wanted to sit on it or step on it..hard to tell) but THEN..he climbed up the tree house and looking down.  That's when I finally came out and hollered him to stop!  
sigh..I just bought a new BIG bottle of Shampoo from Costco..the bulk mega type?  Ten minutes in bath, he was COVERED with bubbles and shampoo all over the bath, he used the ENTIRE bottle.  Daddy was pretty furious because this is the third time he has done this.  We are pretty sure he wouldn't do it again..ya right!   It took several rinse of water to get it all out..ugh. I really hate the facts of so much water wasted, thinking of the Third World. 
He usually plays in his room, but not in the basement without me or daddy supervises him because there are so many things in there.   (lots of  specific toys separately, games, puzzles and crafts)  When we are home, we let him play and he is so good in following the rules by playing with toys and when he is done, he just put them away before taking out another set of toys etc.  
One day, I'm not at home, he went nuts down there, took out pretty much all the toys from bins, puzzles, and games all mixed up.  OY!! took us good 45 minutes to sort it all out!! 
He loves to be buck naked and run into his sister's room and jumped on her bed.  You could hear her shrieking "get out of my bed!!"  and then his butt got caught in the doorway decor.  I can't explain this..but I was howling and laughing.  CA was NOT happy about it.  EWWWWWW
Its one of those hippy thing that hanging above the door way like beads thing? look like hundred of strings. Well, Cory ran through it and his butt got caught in and it also went under and somehow he swirled to get out.  you get the idea..  
CA sterlized it by spraying bleach on it and Lylensol wipes.  
CA loves to hold Cory down and tickled him to the death..but lately he is able to defend himself.  He did "kickbox" right into her face.  She never did it again.   I warned her ..one day he will get you back. 
With Cory,  I really have to let him go and let him learn the natural ways of consquences because you do find me always running after him to prevent him from getting hurt or doing something that isn't proper.  After I did some pruning the rose bushes, he keeps trying to take the dead sticks and I keep telling him no. no.  But he was so stubborn..so finally I said FINE..take it.  And he did.  As soon as he picks one up and let go immediately and started to cry!  I'm like well? Told you! 
Another good example, at the pool on Monday, I told him that he can't go to the main pool without me and of course he took off.  and then I told him to come back but he was already wandering further and further.  The lifeguard told me to tell him.  I told him that I DID but he won't listen to me.  So the lifeguard ran and get him and Cory got startled. I told the LG to sit him down and give him heck.   And he did.  Cory just bawled his eyes..its a good lesson because he didn't listen to me.
He likes to ride his two wheeled bike by standing up, I told him that is not safe and several times to sit down.  Sean said..let him.   And sure enough, he slipped and ouchhhhh right on the bar ..hurts himself underneath..if you know what I mean.  I am mentally prepared to have him getting hurt through his own experiences of things, and be strong.  
(now you know why I got the head gear????..you never know!)

No comments:

Post a Comment